Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life Is A Beautiful Place To Be!

A few months ago, I found two old friends from my grade school in Enid, OK on Facebook! I haven't seen or heard from them since I left in the 7th grade. We were all three friends for many years and I have so many wonderful memories of them and my old hometown. Last October, I just packed up my car and took a little road trip to go see them and get re-acquainted. This is us in the 6th grade....

I am third from left on top row. BFF Donna is 6th from left on second from top and other BFF Debbie is 3rd from left on third from top row. Well, now have you got that? Whew! Anyhoo...here's us now!

Debbie, Susan and Donna. We just had a blast talking about the "good ole days". They are both just the sweetest, loveliest ladies! They still live in Enid. Thank you both for the trip down memory lane. I'm so glad we found each other again.

This is my old grade school - Adams Elementary. Oh I loved that place. So many fun times and good memories. I can still smell the warm bologna sandwiches in our metal lunchboxes in the coat closet in our room. I just really had fun being a kid.


And this is the house I grew up in. It was a split level, probably less than 1100 sq. ft. and I thought it was a mansion! Talk about lots of memories. I sat in the parking lot across the street for over an hour and just remembered all the good times we had there. I laughed and then I cried....Dad built this house and now he's gone. We ran all over the neighborhood till way past dark....played jacks on that front porch...sneaked out the bedroom window...and just lived life.

My life's motto has always been..."The joy is in the journey". And it certainly is.

I encourage you to try FaceBook if you haven't already. I have found so many old friends and it has been great fun reconnecting with all of them. So many of our customers at Mothers and Daughters have become our good friends too and I just wanted to share my little adventure with you. Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about your trip "home" and down memory lane.

    Excited to come visit and view the new merchandise.

    I Just LOVE This Place,
    Charlene Willcutt

    ReplyDelete