Monday, May 11, 2009

Cookbooks...

Who doesn’t love a great cookbook? My mother bought me my very first one when I was 6 years old. I still have it...the Betty Crocker Cook Book for Boys and Girls pictured below. It’s a 1957 first edition. Isn’t it sweet? I have two daughters, so I wasn't sure to whom I would leave my cookbook because, really, I wanted them both to have it. The best thing happened...I found the same little book at the Heritage House in our Denham Springs Antique Village. What a find! You can find so many wonderful things in the shops in the Village.







Speaking of cookbooks….Mothers and Daughters has a wonderful selection of the darling “Gooseberry Patch” books. They are chock full of wonderful recipes, tips and tricks and always make a lovely gift for any occasion. Add one to a homemade apple cake or a batch of fresh chocolate chip cookies and the person who receives this gift will be your new best friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment